Siena Canales doesn’t mess around. As one of the founding Shiffon Co. #GirlGang members and content director, she is a master of time management. This week she tells us how she manages her Mondays to maximize the day and prep her for the upcoming week!
Mondays get a bad rap for a reason. For most, the beginning of the week means screaming alarms, dark under-eye circles, gnarled hair and a yearning for a couple more hours to luxuriate in deep sleep, me included. To combat nasty cases of “the Mondays,” I’ve come up with a list of hacks. Check it out below!
- Dress like it’s a FRIDAY. I recently bought a blue velvet biker jacket. I feel like a rock star every time I throw it on. What better way to start the week than feeling like a rock star? Wear something that will change your Monday attitude.
- You are what you eat and by that I mean BREAKFAST. There is a reason why it’s called “the most important meal of the day.” My favorite “breakfast of champions” is eggs with a ton of hot sauce or some other seasoning to give it a kick. This will reduce binge-eating cravings throughout the day and, most importantly, keep your mind sharp throughout the day.
- Dare to DREAM. Not the kind your alarm clock is rudely interrupting, sillies. I’m talking about goals. What dreams are you chasing or realizing? What are you visualizing? Do you have an inspo board and do you add to it/look at it on the reg? Yeah, going to work can suck. Midterms are no fun. But why are you going to work? What was it about your major that you love so much? Think about how another day at work or school can be a step closer to your dream.
- Change your attitude and embrace GRATITUDE. The key to happiness is right in front of you; it’s just a matter of taking a moment to really appreciate it. Think about the people you are grateful for. Was it the woman who helped you with your groceries? Was it your mom who listened to you cry and reminded you that she loved you with all her heart? Was it your best friend who texted you a selfie of her triple chin? Whatever it is, dedicate a portion of your morning thinking about it.
- Read THIS. Instead of scrolling through Instagram and double tapping on all the beautiful faces on your feed, spend that time reading a book or the news. It’ll stimulate your mind and set the tone for the day.
How do you handle a nasty case of “the Mondays?” Let us know in the comments below or send us photos! We love photos!